Simple Garlic Green Beans are one of my go-to sides. I typically try to prepare some meals in bulk so I don’t always have to worry about cooking during the week, but this is one recipe I have no problem whipping up mid-week. It hits all the criteria for being healthy, simple and economical:
- Healthy: green beans are packed with antioxidants and vitamins
- Simple: this recipe only has 3 ingredients and it takes 10 minutes to make
- Economical: a serving cost less than $1
The best part about this simple recipe is that it does not taste simple. In my opinion, garlic is the best way to add flavor to any dish, and it does not dissapoint with these green beans. It’s a major step up from just popping a bag of frozen green beans into the microwave, and much healthier than the famous Thanksgiving side – green bean casserole.
Simple Garlic Green Beans are the perfect side dish to any main course, but just in case you are short on main dish ideas, here are some that would go great with this side:
- Lemon Garlic Roasted Chicken from Budget Bytes
- Pan Seared Chicken with Mushrooms from Kevin Is Cooking
- Coffee Crusted Pork Roast from Make It Like a Man
- Citrus and Herb Poached Salmon from Everyday Maven
Now that you have your main course and side picked out, making the green beans is super easy, and also provides the perfect stage to let your sautéing skills shine.
The dark photos and videos represent that I actually do cook this recipe late on week nights… Here’s an oven-light glamour shot:
Let’s get economical with these Simple Garlic Green Beans
- 2 cups green beans (about 2/3 lbs) – $1.33
- 1 clove garlic – $0.10
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil – $0.09
- Salt and pepper
The grand total is $1.52, or just $0.76 for one serving of simple garlic green beans. This one is really a no-brainer, talk about a minimal cost to add a healthy side to any meal.
I hope you enjoy these Simple Garlic Green Beans!